You will feel a deep warming sensation each time the Pellevé handpiece touches the area being treated. Because no anesthetic is required, you’ll be able to describe the depth of the heat to your doctor, which will help to ensure the best possible results. Your Pellevé procedure will typically take about 45 to 60 minutes for a full facial treatment. Because Pellevé doesn’t require anesthesia or downtime, it fits easily into your busy schedule.
You should expect to be able to return to your daily activities with no downtime at all. Unlike lasers, there is no restriction from being in the sun and you can also apply makeup immediately after the procedure. Some patients experience mild swelling and redness which typically goes away within 2 to 24 hours. Although many people start to see results immediately after the first treatment, most patients begin with a package of 3-4 treatments spaced about 30 days apart. We will recommend the right number of treatments for you.
While the process is straightforward and complications are rare, there are some rules to follow prior to having a Pellevé treatment:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for several weeks ahead of time.
- A week in advance, stop using skin-care products that contain vitamin C, glycolic or salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or retinoids (which can increase skin irritation.
- If you’re on antibiotics, let your doctor’s staff know. Some cause photosensitivity, so you may need to wait two weeks after your last dose.
- The day before your treatment, hydrate as much as you can.
- Don’t wear makeup or apply moisturizer the morning of your appointment.